This page is dedicated to Dairy Farmers as a tribute and acknowledgement for their hard work, dedication, and care. We admire and respect all farm operators, especially family operations which take pride in providing us all with safe, nutritional food.
While Puroxi Pure Water Global has expanded its reach with new products, systems, throughout international markets, we will always have a special fondness for farm operators, particularly dairy farmers. This hardy savvy group was the first to see the benefits of our product and appreciate the results.
Dairy farmers work hard every day to bring you and your family fresh, great tasting, wholesome milk products. Almost all dairies are family-owned, and as active members of their communities, farm families take pride in feeding our country and maintaining natural resources. That means preserving the land where they live and work, protecting the air and water they share with neighbors, and providing the best care for their cows—the lifeblood of their business.
Read more at www.dairyfarming.org
Some Dairy Facts:
• Average number of cows in milking herd: 70
• Canada has 12,529 dairy farms with almost 1 million cows
• Canadian dairy farmers sell an average of 7.31 billion litres of milk annually to processors
• Three main processors process approximately 80% of the milk produced in Canada
• There are approximately 450 milk processors in Canada
• 700 kinds of cheese are made in Canada
• Sales of milk and dairy products contribute $10 billion to the Canadian economy
• Ontario’s milk production in 2012 was 2.6 billion litres of milk
• The farm gate value of milk from Ontario’s dairy farms is about $1.9 billion annually and accounts for about 19 per cent of the province’s agricultural production
• Licensed dairy farms in Ontario as of December 2012: 4,100
• Average age of Canadian dairy farmers: 47
• Number of dairy cows in Ontario in 2012: 315,000 milking cows plus 173,000 heifers over one year old.
~ Facts courtesy of Dairy Farmers of Ontario
Read more about dairy families here:
Following are some other links to information, fact sheets, videos and more, to help you understand a dairy farmer’s life & perspective …
Farmers’ Voice is a blog that gives Canadian dairy farmers a place to share their stories and talk about life on a dairy farm, in their own words. Written by dairy farmers who provide milk that is among the best in the world, Farmers’ Voice offers an insider perspective on subjects that matter to farmers. See http://www.dairyfarmers.ca/farmers-voice/